Saturday 26 June 2010

Sketch time~

Time for a mini sketch dump!

So a while ago (last October, wow o.o) I posted this pic of Sophie and Trick in Cloud Land.


I decided to go back to it and start working on locations, characters and the like. I didn't get too far with locations, but I got designs for the little cloud people :)
The one of the left is like the king and the one on the right is an ordinary cloud person.

And of course, the 'real world' needed more characters, and I tend to work in a 'two girls to one' group scenario, so they match up with Sophie, Hannah and Brett.


(keep in mind these names may change, depending)

On the left is Summer, half a year younger than Sophie but she has a 'childish and mature' attitude. She acts like what Sophie does is silly but still has those kid moments herself, such as liking attention on her when she thinks she deserves it.

In the middle (and looking teeny in that pic XD) is Zack, who likes playing football at breaktimes and gets kind of annoyed when Sophie and her group play in an area that they could use to expand their pitch area.

On the right is Suzanne, who likes to note take (mentally and literally) about people, picking up on strange aspects of their personality and is perceptive to changes in attitude and such. She's not so much Zack's friend, but she's a close friend of Summer's.

With three characters' names starting with 's', I think I should consider a name change for one of those two ^^; Which sucks 'cause I like both of them.

And finally, after some talking with Xanthera, we got some more ideas for places Sophie could have adventures. One idea was an Atlantis kind of place, so I doodled a mermaid Sophie as a practise, since I think it'll be one of the first places she goes to.

I'm not gonna reveal all the story ideas here, just the ones that I wanna hint at so I can show drawings from it. I've got a loooot of doodles no one's gonna see until it's in comic form >:D

1 comment:

  1. Awww The lil cloud people are adorable <3


    I like the mermaid idea too. I'm sure every little girl desired to swim with the fish at least once

    ReplyDelete