Saturday 4 February 2012

Cosplay progress #5

I realised I never posted a pic on here of my dagger yet, and since I finally managed to make a little addition to it, I thought now was a good time ^^

So it's not totally done yet, still gotta make the part of the hilt I'll be holding onto brown, add some depth with ink wash, neaten up the paining on the guard/hit and blade and glaze the blade after all that. Not that much really, just gotta find out my good old PVA glue bottle. I know it's around here somewhere.... *looks at styrofoam glue* Not quite. Poo T_T

So anyway! I finally added a metal ring and beads onto my dagger today! As you can see from the above pic X3 Was really 'um'ing and 'ah'ing how to go about it. Do I buy a big d-ring? A split ring and cut away the excess to attach it? In the end I got my thickest jewellery wire and shaped it with my fingers. It's a breeze to bend and my tools keep massively denting the wire X_x

It's finally done tho' =D I love pearl beads, they're so pretty ^^ And thank you bargain bins at HobbyCraft!

Don't care much for the precision repaints I'm gonna have to do around the holes the wire went into tho'...

Ah well. Two weeks today!

No comments:

Post a Comment