Monday 6 February 2012

Cosplay progress #6

I went for it with the sheath today. Did a few stitch tests in the morning to see what working out neatest, then in the afternoon I cut the pieces out and off I went :D

I'm proud to say it went well! It's not perfect, but it's my first time experienting with leatherette, so I'm very pleased with the results.

 It's a dark brown, but the camera keeps making it show up nearly black ^^;  It's a little...angular around the bottom, but that doesn't fuss me much. Along with the bands to attach it to the belt, I added some cord. If I tie it around the hild twice, it's reeeeaaaally hard to draw it, you gotta yank it so hard and you'd probably break it before it got loose. But it's so easy to untie so it hopefully should be sage to take around the expo with me and still use it for photos ^^

My waistcoat was also finished today, thanks to my most awesome mum =D Lining will forever be beyond me....as will shorts XD I'm hoping tomorrow I can put the whole thing together for a full idea what it'll look like ^.^ It'll be sometime this week, that's for sure >:3

All I've got left to do now is finish painting my dagger! Found my PVA glue for glazing, now it's just borrowing the brown acrylic, using the ink wash and neatening some parts before glazing the blade.

It's so close now I can't wait! For anyone reading who's going, I'll see you there! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment